Thursday, February 26, 2009

I can see clearly now

I have worn glasses for over 20 years now, and somewhere along the way, they morphed into bifocals, (no line ones, of course). I am one of those people who reach for their glasses first thing in the morning. I am also hard on them, and have broken several frames in the past.
Last December, upon breaking yet another set of frames, I sprung for titanium frames. They were pricey, but guaranteed to be durable. They haven't broken yet, but they did get bent.
I was struggling with my vision being fuzzy and I knew something wasn't right, and I realized that maybe my glasses needed adjusting.
Yesterday I peeled into my local eye wear place where they advertise free adjustments, and sat down. The young lady in charge took one look at me and said, "Oh my, you do need an adjustment." She laid them out on the counter, and they were askew. She was a bit nervous, since the frames would have to be adjusted at the key point at the top, between my eyes, one of the more fragile parts of the whole setup. She gamely, gently worked on them and voila!
I can see clearly now. No more fuzziness. I cannot believe the difference in my clarity of vision. Fellow drivers in Oregon rejoice! I honestly can see you so much better now.
Here I was thinking cataracts and laser surgery, when all I needed was a brief stint and someone who knew what she was doing.

No comments: